Welcome to OpenPop.NET's homepage.
OpenPop.NET is an open source implementation of a POP3 client and a robust MIME parser written in C#.
It allows developers easy access to email on a POP3 server in a matter of minutes.
The project is backed by several hundred test cases and is therefore believed to be very robust.
If you find a bug, please report this by sending an email to email@example.com
POP3 Client Features
- Easy to use POP3 client
- Support for plain TCP or TLS/SSL connections
- Authentication methods supported
- CAPA capabilities command supported (RFC 2449)
MIME Parsing Features
- Preserves the MIME email hierarchy
- Easy access to different MediaType parts of the email
- Headers are parsed into strong types and are easy to examine
- Includes robust decoders for
- Continuation and encoding of header fields (RFC 2231)
- Emails are fully persistable
The license used for OpenPop.NET is very open.
In summery: OpenPop.NET has no restrictions on usage. It is in the Public Domain
This means you can use it for whatever you like - sell it if you want to!
If you implement new features locally, please consider contributing the changes back into this project.
Any support questions or bug reports about OpenPop.NET should be sent to our mailing list.
Simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you like OpenPop.NET, please consider making a review at the project's sourceforge page
Please do not add bug reports as reviews - send them to our mailing list instead.
Feedback is also very welcome at our mailing list.